Social Media Spotlight On: EasyJet
NEW YORK – In the lead-up to another holiday season, budget airline EasyJet is starting the summer with significant traveller dissatisfaction.
With a public approval rating of only 18 percent with nearly 4 thousand negative opinions left on Twitter, Facebook and Amplicate last month alone.
EasyJet: Sentiment trend in the last 12 months
EasyJet has had the most notable spike in negative opinions during the holiday periods of the past 12 months demonstrating that the airline may not be handling the increase in passengers around these high-transit periods.
What Amplicate’s users think of EasyJet:
- Not being able to reserve a seat makes the whole experience boarding unorganised and stressful.
- The airline frequently has delayed or cancelled flights, yet does not have the staff to adequately communicate the extent of the problem.
- The inconvenience of flight times paired with the cost of in-flight items, far outweighs the cost of the actual tickets.
The Best of EasyJet:
- EasyJet is far better than its competitors.
- They are transparent about the flying experience and do not try to embellish the fact that they are a budget airline.
- EasyJet makes air-travel cheaper than any method of transport to most European destinations.
“I’m a frequent flyer between Milano and London. My statistics say that half of the times flights are delayed of about 1 hour. It definitely has the highest flight cancellation and delay rate of any company I’ve tried.” Read all
“EasyJet are an absolute disgrace, for the second time in four days my flight with EasyJet was cancelled, but both departure and arrival airports and airspace where still open and operational. I spent 8hrs yesterday in the departure lounge with my pregnant girlfriend and 2 year old daughter only to be told my flight was cancelled…” Read all
What’s your take on this? Do you Love or Hate EasyJet?
Amplicate is an online opinion collating resource that accounts for more than 100 million public opinions of social media users.